Ribociclib Side effects
Generical name: ribociclib
The brand name is Kisqali
Drug class: CDK 4 / 6 inhibitors
What is Ribociclib?
Ribociclib will treat hormonal-related breast cancers that are caused by hormones for women. Ribociclib is only used in cases where your cancer has been found to be positive for a protein known as the Human epidermal growth factor receptor (HER2). The HER2 protein could speed up the growth of cancerous cells.
Ribociclib is used when cancer has advanced or expanded to other parts of the body following other treatments. Ribociclib side effects are undesirable effects of is a cancer treatment
Ribociclib is used in conjunction with other cancer drugs like Letrozole ( Femara) or the fulvestrant ( Faslodex).¶
Before taking this medication, you must consult your physician
It is not recommended to make use of Ribociclib If you are allergic to Ribociclib, or you are also taking Tamoxifen.
The doctor will conduct blood tests to confirm that there are no problems that make it unsafe for you to use Ribociclib.
To ensure Ribociclib is suitable for you, ask your physician if you’ve previously had:
- Slow heartbeats;
- heart disease or an earlier heart attack
- long QT syndrome;
- An electrical imbalance (such as low concentrations of magnesium, calcium the mineral phosphorus or potassium present in the blood);
- the liver condition;
- kidney disease or
- indicators of signs of infection (fever signs of infection (fever).
Discuss with your doctor if you’ve experienced menopausal symptoms.
It is possible that you will need to take an unfavourable pregnancy test prior to commencing this treatment.
Do not take Ribociclib when you are pregnant. It could harm the unborn baby. Make sure you use effective Birth Control to avoid pregnancy while taking this medication, as well for at minimum three weeks following your last dose.
This medicine could impact the fertility (ability to bear kids) in men. Discuss with your doctor in case you are concerned regarding this possibility.
You shouldn’t breastfeed while using Ribociclib as long as you wait at least three weeks following the last dose.
Ribociclib Side effects
See a doctor immediately If you experience indications warnings of an allergic response to Ribociclib: (hives, difficulty breathing, swelling of your throat or face) or a severe skin reaction (fever and burning eyes, sore throat or skin pain, the skin is red or purple that blisters and peels).
Consult a doctor when you experience a severe drug reaction that affects the body in a variety of ways. Symptoms may include an itch on your skin or fever, swollen glands, muscle pains, extreme weakness, unusual bruising or yellowing of your eyes or skin.
Ribociclib Side effects requiring immediate medical care
In addition to the beneficial effects In addition to its necessary effects, in addition to its beneficial effects, ribociclib could produce unwanted side negative effects. While none of these side effects could occur, if they occur, they might require medical care.
Consult your physician immediately in the event that any of these adverse effects happen while you are taking ribociclib:
- Black, tarry stool
- Bladder pain
- bleeding gums
- Bloating or swelling on the arms, face, lower legs, hands, or feet
- Bloody or cloudy urine
- chest tightness
- uncomfortable pain, burning, or difficult or painful
- Urinary urges that are frequent
- Lower back or side or side
- pale skin
- Red spots that are specific on the skin
- Sore throat
- The feet or hands
- Trouble breathing
- ulcers, sores or white spots that appear in the mouth
- unusual bleeding or bleeding that isn’t normal or
- unusual weakness or fatigue
- unusual weight change or loss of weight
- Chest pain
- Dark urine that is dark
- a general sensation of discomfort or illness
- an irregular heartbeat
- Loss of appetite
- mood or mental shifts
- Muscle cramps can occur in the hands and feet, arms or legs.
- Numbness and sensations of tingling around the lips, fingers or feet
- tenderness or pain in the upper stomach area.
- pale stools
- stomach cramps
- The thickening of the secretions of the bronchial artery
- Skin or eyes with yellow eyes
- Peeling, blistering, loosening of the skin
- Muscle or joint or muscle
- A rash or itching on the skin
- Eyes that are red and irritated
- Red skin lesions, usually with a purple-coloured centre
- swollen glands
Not all ribociclib side effects require immediate medical care
Certain side effects of the drug ribociclib could occur and don’t require medical treatment. These effects can disappear after treatment when your body adapts to the medication. Additionally, your health care specialist may give you suggestions to reduce or eliminate the effects of these negative side consequences.
Consult your physician for any of these adverse reactions persists or cause discomfort If you have questions regarding these side effects:
- The back pain
- dried skin
- weakness or lack of strength or
- thinness or loss of hair
- Pain in the throat or mouth
- inflammation or swelling of the mouth
- difficulty sleep
- dry eye
- more tears
- patches of loss of color in the skin
Be sure to keep all medicines away from the reach of children. Never let your medications be shared with anyone else and only use Ribociclib to treat the condition prescribed.
Always consult your physician to confirm that the information provided on this site is appropriate to your specific situation.