Dupixent Side Effects
The generic name is dupilumab
- Common adverse effects of Dupixent are: allergic conjunctivitis, conjunctivitis, injection site reactions as well as ophthalmic inflammation, and eye irritation.
- Other adverse reactions are: oral herpes simplex infection. Below is a complete list of side effects.
The side effects that occur require immediate medical care
In addition to its beneficial effects In addition to its necessary effects, dupilumab (the active ingredient found within the drug Dupixent) could cause undesirable effects. While none of these adverse effects can be present, if they do occur, they might require medical care.
Talk to your doctor immediately If any of these side effects happen while you are taking Dupixent:
- Dry or burning eyes
- excessive tears
- discomfort, redness, irritation, and itching of the eyelid, or the inside the lining of the eyelid
- Black, tarry stool
- the formation of blisters, crusts, and reddening or blistering on the skin
- burning or tingling feeling of numbness in hands and feet
- chest pain
- The fever
- Itchy painful cold sores or burns on the lips, eyes, nose or the genitals
- Urination that is painful or difficult to urinate
- Skin patches that are scaly
- Skin rash
- Sore throat
- swollen glands
- unusual bleeding or bleeding that isn’t normal or
- unusual weakness or fatigue
- The sensation of discomfort
- Hives Itching
- Lightheadedness nausea, fainting
- Muscle aches
- discomfort in the groin or legs, in particular, the calves
- discomfort or swelling in joints
- severe, sudden headache
- Slurred speech
- abrupt loss of coordination
- sudden, extreme weakness or numbness that is felt in the leg or arm
- hand swelling mouth, face, or hands
- Trouble breathing
- Trouble with swallowing
- Vision changes
There are no immediate side effects that require medical treatment
A few side effects from Dupixent can occur, but they usually don’t require medical care. These Dupixent side effects can disappear when the body adapts to taking the medication. Also, your healthcare expert may give you suggestions to reduce or eliminate certain adverse negative effects.
Talk to your physician If any of the following adverse effects persist or become bothersome or If you have questions regarding these side effects:
- Bleeding, blistering chills skin discoloration, sensation that there is pressure inflammation, itching, and numbness. irritation, redness, and soreness. swelling, tenderness, and tingling or warmth around the site of injection.
- Feeling of burning in the stomach or chest
- difficulties in moving
- Mouth or throat pain
- Muscle stiffness
- stomach upset
- Tenderness in the stomach region
- difficulty sleep
Managing Dupixent side effects (general information)
For Healthcare Professionals
It is applicable to dupilumab Subcutaneous solution
A few of the most commonly reported adverse reactions have been reactions at the injection site, conjunctivitis, eye pruritus or oral herpes other herpes virus infections, oropharyngeal discomfort, and eosinophilia.
Uncommon (0.1 to 1% to 1.1%) (Circular thromboembolic events) (cardiovascular deaths and non-fatal myocardial ischemias as well as nonfatal strokes)
In a placebo-controlled study for adolescents and adults who suffer from asthma heart disease, cardiovascular thromboembolic complications (cardiovascular deaths as well as non-fatal myocardial ischemias as well as nonfatal strokes) were observed in one (0.2 percent) patient who was taking the drug at 200 mg twice a week 4 (0.6 percent) patients who received 300 mg every two weeks, and in 2 (0.3 percentage) patients from the placebo group.
Very frequent (10 10% or more) Site reactions to injection (10 percent)
Very frequent (10 percent or more) Conjunctivitis (cluster comprises conjunctivitis and allergic conjunctivitis and bacteria conjunctivitis viral conjunctivitis, massive papillary conjunctivitis, and eye inflammation) (10 10 percent)
Common (1% to 10%): Blepharitis, eye pruritus, keratitis (e.g., keratitis, ulcerative keratitis, allergic keratitis, atopic keratoconjunctivitis, ophthalmic herpes simplex), dry eye
The most common (1 10% to 10 percent) Herpes Simplex Viral infections (e.g. herpes simplex or genital herpes simplex Otitis externa Herpes virus) and immunogenicity
Very uncommon (less then 0.01 percent) Serum sickness/serum-sickness-like reactions ¶
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Hypersensitivity
The most common (1 10% to 10 10%) Oral herpes oropharyngeal pains, toothache, gastritis
A few cases of vasculitis which are associated with polyangiitis and eosinophilic granulomatosis have been observed in adult patients who took part in the
asthma and asthma with chronic rhinosinusitis and nasal polyposis clinical studies.
Common (1% to 10%): Eosinophilia
Frequency not disclosed Eosinophilic granulomatosis accompanied by polyangiitis
Common (1% to 10%): Headache
Common (1% to 10%): Insomnia
Common (1% to 10%): Arthralgia
Frequency not disclosed: Eosinophilic pneumonia
The cases of eosinophilic pneumonia were observed in patients of adult age who were part of the asthma trials.
Always consult your physician to confirm that the information provided on this page is applicable to your specific situation.