Apalutamide Side Effects
Name of the generic: apalutamide
The brand name is Erleada
Forms for dosage: oral tablet (60 mg)
Drug class: Antiandrogens, Hormones/antineoplastics
Apalutamide can be described as an anti-androgen. It acts within the body to block the effects of the androgens (male hormones).
Apalutamide is a treatment for prostate cancer which has spread to different areas within your organs (metastatic) in addition to being treated using different medication or surgical procedures.
Apalutamide can also be used to fight prostate cancer, which hasn’t been able to spread to other areas of the body after surgery or other treatments for cancer failed or ended their effectiveness.
This medication is used together with a gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) or with surgical castration (removal of the testicles).¶
The Apalutamide side effects that occur require immediate medical treatment
Alongside its necessary effects, apalutamide could produce unwanted side adverse effects. While not all of these consequences can be present, if they do occur, they might require medical attention.
Consult your physician immediately in the event that any of these Apalutamide side effects happen while you are taking the medication.
- The process of bloating or swelling in the arms, face, and hands, the lower legs or feet
- blurred vision
- mood depressed
- difficulties when difficulty in
- Dry and flaky skin and hair
- Feeling the cold
- hair loss
- Hoarseness or the sound of a whisper
- joint pain
- Muscle cramps, pain, and stiffness
- leg pain
- A pounding sound in the ears
- rapid weight gain
- heartbeats that are slow or rapid heartbeat
- the sensation of tingling in the feet or hands
- unusual fatigue or weakness
- unusual weight change or loss of weight
- weight gain
- Urine with blood
- chest pain or discomfort in the chest.
- reduced output of urine
- dilated neck veins
- Heartbeat or breathing that is irregular
- shoulder pain or arms, jaw or neck
- The chest is tight
- Trouble breathing
- Peeling, and lifting of the skin
- Muscle or joint or muscle
- Red eyes that have irritated eyes
- Lesions of the skin that are red, typically with a purple central
- Sore throat
- ulcers, sores, or white spots on either the mouth and on lips
There are no immediate Apalutamide side effects that require medical treatment
A few side effects from apalutamide are possible and are not medically relevant care. These adverse effects could be eliminated in the course of treatment as the body adapts to the medication. Also, your healthcare specialist may provide suggestions on ways to minimize or prevent certain negative side consequences.
Talk to your doctor for any of these adverse reactions persist or become bothersome If you have questions regarding these side effects:
- A decrease in appetite
- less weight
- the feeling of warmth
- the skin rash, the skin has a rash
- facial redness and neck and, occasionally, the upper chest.
For Professionals info
The most commonly reported side symptoms are hypertension, fatigue, diarrhea, rash, nausea as well as weight loss, arthralgia hot flush, decreased appetite, fractures as well as peripheral Edema.
- (10% or more): Anemia (70%), leukopenia (47%), lymphopenia (41%)
- (10% or more) Hypercholesterolemia (76 percent) Hyperglycemia (70 70%) Hypertriglyceridemia (67 percent)
- (1% to 10%): Hematuria
- (10 percent or more) Hypertension (25 percent) Hot flush (14 percent)
- (1 to 10%) The heart is at risk for ischemia, heart failure. Myocardial Infarction, cardiopulmonary arrest
- (10 percent or more): The most common is a rash (maculopapular rash ), generalized rash and urticaria the rash of pruritic, rash conjunctivitis, erythema multiforme and rash papular skin exfoliation and genital rash and the drug eruption, stomatitis mouth pustular ulceration blister papule, pemphigoid skin erosion and rash with vesicular) (24 percent or more).)
- (1% to 10%): Pruritus
- (10 percent or more) Thyroid-stimulating hormone increased
- (1% to 10%): Hypothyroidism
- (10 percent or more) Diarrrhea (20 percent) nausea (18 percent)
- (0.1% to 1%): Seizure
- (1 to 10% or more) Arthralgia (16 percent) fracture (e.g. or a rib fracture, lumbar vertebral fragment, spine compression fracture hip fracture, foot fracture, humerus bone fracture thoracic vertebral fragment upper limb fracture broken sacrum, pubis fracture, hand fracture, acetabulum break, the ankle fracture and compression fracture costal cartilage fracture facial bones fracture low limb fractures, osteoporotic fracture wrist fracture, fracture of avulsion fractured coccyx pelvic fracture, radius fracture, sternal fracture strain fractures, traumatized fractures cervical vertebral fracture Femoral neck fracture Tibia fracture) (12%)
Always consult your doctor to confirm that the information provided on this site is appropriate to your particular situation.