ADRUCIL SIDE EFFECTS
- Generic Name: fluorouracil injection
- Brand Name: Adrucil
- Drug Class: Antineoplastics, Antimetabolite
The following adverse reactions are discussed in more detail in other sections of the labeling:
- Increased risk of serious or fatal adverse reactions in patients with low or absent dipyrimidine dehydrogenase activity.
- Hyperammonemic encephalopathy.
- Neurologic toxicity.
- Palmar-plantar erythrodysesthesia (hand-foot syndrome).
- Increased risk of elevated INR when administrated with warfarin.
The following adverse reactions have been identified during postapproval use of fluorouracil. Because these reactions are reported voluntarily from a population of uncertain size, it is not always possible to reliably estimate their frequency or establish a causal relationship to drug exposure.
Allergic Reactions: anaphylaxis and generalized allergic reactions
Neurologic: nystagmus, headache
Dermatologic: dry skin; fissuring; photosensitivity, as manifested by erythema or increased pigmentation of the skin; vein pigmentation
Ophthalmic: lacrimal duct stenosis, visual changes, lacrimation, photophobia
Miscellaneous: thrombophlebitis, epistaxis, nail changes (including loss of nails)
SRC: NLM .