Generic name: Lidocaine Topical System
Drug class: Topical anesthetics
Medically reviewed by A Ras MD.
Recommended Adult Dosing
Dosage forms: PATCH: 1.8%
- [formulation clarification]
- Info: 1.8% lidocaine topical patch bioequivalent to 5% lidocaine topical patch
- [apply for up to 12h/day]
- Max: 3 patches at time, x12h/day; Info: apply to intact skin, cover most painful areas, may cut to size; use smallest effective amount, shortest effective tx duration
- renal impairment: not defined, smaller tx areas recommended
- HD/PD: not defined
- [not defined]
- severe hepatic dz: caution advised
SRC: NLM .