Generic name: iron sucrose (injection)
Drug class: Iron products
Medically reviewed by A Ras MD.
Recommended Adult Dosing
Dosage forms: INJ
- [strength clarification]
- Info: 1 mL = 20 mg elemental Fe; doses expressed as elemental Fe
Iron deficiency anemia, CKD-assoc.
- [hemodialysis pts receiving ESA tx]
- Dose: 100 mg IV w/ each HD x10 sessions; Max: 100 mg/dose up to 3 doses/wk
- [peritoneal dialysis pts receiving ESA tx]
- Dose: 300 mg IV x1 on days 1 and 15, then 400 mg IV x1 on day 28
- [non-dialysis pts]
- Dose: 200 mg IV x5 doses w/in 14 days; Alt: 500 mg IV q2wk x2 doses
- [no adjustment]
- CKD: no adjustment
- HD/PD: no adjustment; no supplement
- [not defined]
SRC: NLM .