Generic name: varicella virus (chickenpox) vaccine
Drug class: Viral vaccines
Medically reviewed by A Ras MD.
Recommended Adult Dosing
Dosage forms: INJ
- [0.5 mL SC x2 doses 4-8wk apart]
- Info: for all pts w/o evidence of varicella immunity, incl. healthcare workers or if born after 1979; search ‘immunization’ for epocrates Adult Immunization decision tool incl. links to CDC/ACIP schedules
- [no adjustment]
- renal impairment: no adjustment
- HD/PD: no adjustment; no supplement
- chronic hepatic dz: no adjustment
SRC: NLM .