What is RyClora used for?
RyClora is a prescription medicine that is used to ease allergy signs.
|Each 5 mL (teaspoonful) contains:|
|Dexchlorpheniramine Maleate, USP||2 mg|
Dexchlorpheniramine Maleate, USP, an antihistamine agent, is a white, odorless crystalline powder that is freely soluble in water. The molecular formula is C16H19ClN2 ∙ C4H4O4, designated chemically as (+)-2-[p-Chloro-α-[2-(dimethylamino)ethyl]benzyl] pyridine maleate (1:1).
M.W. = 390.86
Inactive Ingredients: Citric acid, cherry flavoring, FD&C Red No. 40, glycerin, menthol, methylparaben, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, sodium citrate dihydrate, and sugar.
Before taking RyClora, tell your doctor:
For all patients taking RyClora:
- If you are allergic to RyClora; any part of this medicine; or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- If you have asthma.
- If you have taken certain drugs for depression or Parkinson’s disease in the last 14 days. This includes isocarboxazid, phenelzine, tranylcypromine, selegiline, or rasagiline. Very high blood pressure may happen.
- If you are breast-feeding. Do not breast-feed while you take RyClora.
- If your child is a premature baby or is a newborn. Do not give RyClora to a premature baby or a newborn.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with this medicine.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take RyClora with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take RyClora?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take RyClora. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Do not take more than what your doctor told you to take. Taking more than you are told may raise your chance of very bad side effects.
- Do not use longer than you have been told by the doctor.
- Avoid driving and doing other tasks or actions that call for you to be alert until you see how RyClora affects you.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking RyClora.
- Talk with your doctor before you use other drugs and natural products that slow your actions.
- If you are 60 or older, use RyClora with care. You could have more side effects.
- Use with care in children. Talk with the doctor.
- Overdoses have happened with RyClora in children. Overdose of RyClora can cause very bad health problems and may lead to death. Talk with the doctor if you have questions.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using RyClora while you are pregnant.
How is RyClora best taken?
Use RyClora as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach.
- Measure liquid doses carefully. Use the measuring device that comes with RyClora. If there is none, ask the pharmacist for a device to measure RyClora.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you take RyClora on a regular basis, take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Many times RyClora is taken on an as needed basis. Do not take more often than told by the doctor.
What are the side effects of RyClora that I need to call my doctor about immediately?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Not able to pass urine or change in how much urine is passed.
- Very bad dizziness or passing out.
- Change in eyesight.
- Change in balance.
- Any unexplained bruising or bleeding.
- Feeling very tired or weak.
- Fever or chills.
- Sore throat.
- Feeling confused.
- A burning, numbness, or tingling feeling that is not normal.
- Ringing in ears.
- Sweating a lot.
What are some other side effects of RyClora?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Feeling sleepy.
- Dry mouth.
- Dry nose.
- Feeling nervous and excitable.
- Feeling irritable.
- Not hungry.
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Not able to sleep.
- Feeling tired or weak.
- Thickening of mucus in nose or throat.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If overdose is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out RyClora?
- Store at room temperature.
- Protect from light.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL – 473 ML BOTTLE LABEL
- NDC 15370-150-16
- RyClora™ (dexchlorpheniramine maleate)
- Oral Solution, USP 2 mg/5 mL
- Cherry Flavor
- Rx Only 16 fl. oz (473 mL)
SRC: NLM .