Medically reviewed by A Ras MD.
Recommended Adult Dosing
Dosage forms: CAP: 3.75 mg IR/23 mg ER, 7.5 mg IR/46 mg ER, 11.25 mg IR/69 mg ER, 15 mg IR/92 mg ER
Restricted Distribution in US
Obesity, long-term tx
- [7.5 mg/46 mg or 15 mg/92 mg PO qam]
- Start: 3.75 mg/23 mg PO qam x14 days, then incr. to 7.5 mg/46 mg PO qam; Max: 15 mg/92 mg/day; Info: for pts w/ BMI >30 kg/m^2 or >27 kg/m^2 w/ wt-related comorbidity; if wt loss <3% after 12wk on 7.5 mg/46 mg dose, incr. to 11.25 mg/69 mg PO qam x14 days, then 15 mg/92 mg PO qam; D/C if wt loss <5% after 12wk on 15 mg/92 mg dose; taper 15 mg/92 mg dose to 15 mg/92 mg PO qod for at least 1wk to D/C
- CrCl <50: max 7.5 mg/46 mg/day
- HD/PD: not defined, caution advised
- [adjust dose amount]
- Child-Pugh Class B: max 7.5 mg/46 mg/day; Child-Pugh Class C: not defined, caution advised
SRC: NLM .