Medically reviewed by A Ras MD.
Recommended Adult Dosing
Dosage forms: SOL: 5 mg per mL
Pain, moderate-mod. severe
- [50-100 mg PO q4-6h prn]
- Start: 25 mg PO qam, may incr. by 25 mg/day q3 days to 25 mg PO q6h, then may incr. by 50 mg/day q3 days to 50 mg PO q6h prn; Max: 400 mg/day; Info: may skip initial titration if immed. onset required; use lowest effective dose, shortest effective tx duration; titrate slowly in pts 65 yo and older; max 300 mg/day in pts >75 yo; taper total daily dose by no more than 10-25% q2-4wk to D/C if prolonged or long-term use
- [adjust dose frequency]
- CrCl <30: give usual dose q12h, max 200 mg/day
- HD: give usual dose q12h, max 200 mg/day; no supplement after dialysis; PD: give usual dose q12h, max 200 mg/day; supplement not defined
- [adjust dose amount, frequency]
- severe impairment: 50 mg q12h
SRC: NLM .