Medically reviewed by A Ras MD.
Recommended Adult Dosing
Dosage forms: TAB: 50 mg, 250 mg
- [250 mg PO tid-qid]
- Start: 100-125 mg PO qhs x3 days, then 100-125 mg PO bid x3 days, then 100-125 mg PO tid x3 days, then 250 mg PO tid-qid; Max: 2 g/day; Info: adjust dose based on tx response and serum levels; taper dose gradually to D/C
- [50-250 mg PO qhs]
- Start: 12.5-25 mg PO qhs, incr. by 12.5-25 mg/day qwk; Max: 750 mg/day; Info: divide doses >250 mg/day; taper dose gradually to D/C
- [adjust dose frequency]
- CrCl >50: give usual dose q12h; CrCl 10-50: give usual dose q12-24h; CrCl <10: give usual dose q24h; Info: adjust dose based on tx response and serum levels
- HD: give usual dose q24h, on dialysis days admin. after dialysis; no supplement; PD: not defined
- [not defined]
- hepatic impairment: caution advised
SRC: NLM .