LIQUID E-Z-PAQUE SIDE EFFECTS
- Generic Name: barium sulfate oral solution
- Brand Name: Liquid E-Z-PAQUE
- Drug Class: Contrast Media, Other
The following adverse reactions have been identified from spontaneous reporting or clinical studies of barium sulfate administered orally. Because the reactions are reported voluntarily from a population of uncertain size, it is not always possible to reliably estimate their frequency or to establish a causal relationship to drug exposure:
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal cramping
- Serious adverse reactions and fatalities include aspiration pneumonitis, barium sulfate impaction, intestinal perforation with consequent peritonitis and granuloma formation, vasovagal and syncopal episodes
SRC: NLM .