What is Ivy Block used for?
Ivy Block is used to prevent poison oak, ivy, and sumac rashes.
Before taking Ivy Block, tell your doctor:
- If you are allergic to Ivy Block; any part of this medicine; or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- If there is a rash on the area where Ivy Block will be used.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with this medicine.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Ivy Block with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Ivy Block?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Ivy Block. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This medicine may catch on fire. Do not use near an open flame or while smoking.
- Do not come into contact with poison ivy, oak, or sumac on purpose.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If Ivy Block is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Ivy Block while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is Ivy Block best taken?
Use Ivy Block as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Follow how to use carefully.
- Do not take Ivy Block by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Shake well before use.
- Put a thin layer on the skin and rub in gently 15 minutes before you may be exposed.
- Use soap and water to take Ivy Block off after there is no longer a risk of being exposed.
- If Ivy Block gets in the eyes, rinse with cool water.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- This medicine is used on an as needed basis. Do not use more often than told by the doctor.
What are the side effects of Ivy Block that I need to call my doctor about immediately?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
What are some other side effects of Ivy Block?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If overdose is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Ivy Block?
- Store at room temperature.
- Protect from heat or open flame.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL – 118 ML BOTTLE LABEL
- R&R LOTION
- Pre Contact
- 4oz. (118ml) ℮
SRC: NLM .