Uses of Augmentin XR:
- Augmentin XR is used for treating infections with bacteria.
What should I inform my doctor about before I start taking Augmentin XR?
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin or clavulanate potassium any penicillin or any other component in AugmentinXR (amoxicillin and extended-release clavulanate tablets).
- If you have an allergy to Augmentin XR (amoxicillin and extended-release tablets containing clavulanate) or any component from Augmentin XR (amoxicillin as well as extended-release clavulanate tablets) or any other food, drugs, or substances. Discuss with your physician the allergy, and the symptoms you experienced.
- If you suffer from kidney disease, you should consult your doctor.
- If you’ve been yellow or experienced liver-related side effects from Augmentin XR (amoxicillin or extended-release clavulanate tablets) prior to.
- If you suffer from mono.
- If you’re taking probenecid
This is not a complete list of all the drugs or health issues that can be a problem when taken with Augmentin XR (amoxicillin as well as extended-release clavulanate tablets).¶
What are some of the things I should be aware of or do when I am taking Augmentin XR?
- Inform all your health professionals that you are taking Augmentin XR (amoxicillin and extended-release clavulanate tablets). This includes nurses, doctors pharmacists, dentists, and pharmacists.
- Extremely dangerous and often fatal allergic reactions have not often occurred. Consult your physician.
- Get your blood test checked when you’re on Augmentin XR (amoxicillin and extended-release tablets of clavulanate) for a prolonged period. Discuss with your doctor.
- This medication may impact certain laboratory tests. Inform all your medical professionals and lab personnel that you are taking Augmentin XR (amoxicillin as well as extended-release clavulanate tablets).
- If you are suffering from elevated blood sugar (diabetes) and you want to test your urine glucose levels, consult with your physician to learn what tests you should test for.
- Don’t use it for more than you’ve been advised. The risk of a second infection is high.
- Birth pills for controlling birth as well as other hormonal birth control pills are not as effective effectively to prevent pregnancy. You can use a different kind of birth control, such as condoms when you take Augmentin XR (amoxicillin and clavulanate extended-release tablets).
- Discuss with your physician if you are expecting or planning on becoming pregnant, or you are breastfeeding. It is important to discuss with your doctor the advantages and potential risks for you and your baby.
What is the best way to take Augmentin XR?
Utilize Augmentin XR (amoxicillin and clavulanate extended-release tablets) when prescribed by your physician. Review all information that is given to you. Follow the instructions carefully.
- Consume a tablet along with your meal.
- Beware of taking Augmentin XR (amoxicillin and clavulanate extended-release tablets) when eating high-fat foods.
- Suck whole. Don’t chew or crush.
- Certain products can have to be cut in half. If you’re not sure whether you are able to break the product in two consult your doctor.
- Continue to use Augmentin XR (amoxicillin and clavulanate extended-release tablets) according to what you’ve been instructed by your physician or another medical professional even if you’re not feeling good.
What should I do if I’m missing the dose?
- Do not miss a dose when you begin to think about it.
- If it’s close to the time to take your next dose do not take any missed doses and then return to the normal time.
- Don’t take 2 doses simultaneously or additional doses.
What are some possible side effects?
Warning/Caution: Although it’s not a huge risk there are some who may experience extremely dangerous and often fatal side effects when they take a medication. Talk to your doctor or seek medical assistance immediately when you notice any of the signs or symptoms which could be related to extremely harmful adverse effects:
- The signs for an allergic reaction such as rash; itching, hives, and itching; swelling, red, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing tightness in the throat or chest difficulties breathing, swallowing, or speaking with a hoarse voice; as well as swelling or swelling around the face, mouth the tongue, lips or throat.
- The signs of liver issues include the dark color of urine, feeling tired and not feeling hungry, upset stomach or stomach pains, light-colored stools or throwing up, eyes, or skin that are yellow.
- Vaginal irritation.
- Diarrhea occurs more commonly and is often associated with antibiotics. Rarely, a severe type is known as C Diff-assisted diarrhea ( CDAD) could occur. Sometimes, it has led to a fatal bowel issue ( colitis). CDAD could occur at any time or after the use of antibiotics. Contact your doctor immediately in case you are experiencing stomach pain, cramps, or very loose, fluid, or bloody stool. Talk to your doctor prior to treating diarrhea.
- A severe skin reaction to the skin ( Stevens-Johnson syndrome(also known as toxic epidermal necrolysis) could occur. It could cause serious health issues that might persist or even cause it can cause death. Take medical advice immediately when you notice blisters, red, swelling, and peeling or swollen skin (with and without fever) as well as irritated or red eyelids; or sores or scabs on your throat, mouth, nose, or eyes.
What are other adverse effects that can be attributed to Augmentin XR?
All medications can trigger unwanted side negative effects. However, many people experience no side effects or experience small adverse effects. Consult your doctor or seek medical attention when any of these effects or other adverse side effects are bothering you or don’t go away
For all patients who are taking Augmentin XR (amoxicillin and clavulanate extended-release tablets):
- A stomach upset and throwing it up.
- Diaper rash.
They aren’t all the possible side effects that could be experienced. If you are concerned regarding side effects, contact your physician. Contact your physician to get medical advice on the effects of side effects.
You can report any adverse effects directly to FDA by calling 800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If I overdose on it?
If you believe there’s been an overdose, contact your poison control center or seek medical attention immediately. Make sure you can the person who took the amount, the amount, and at what time.
How to store and/or get rid of Augmentin XR?
- Keep at the temperature of the room.
- Place the items in a dry area. Avoid storing in the bathroom.
- Make sure that all medications are kept in a secure place. Keep all medications away from the reach of pets and children.
- Get rid of expired or unneeded medicines that have expired or are not used. Don’t flush your toilet or pour it down the drain unless instructed to do this. Talk to your pharmacist if you have any questions about the best method to dispose of your drugs. There are likely to be drug take-back programs in your region.
Consumer information use
- If your health or symptoms issues don’t improve or worsen consult your doctor.
- Don’t share your prescriptions with other people and don’t use the drugs of anyone else.
- Certain medications may also have a patient leaflet. Consult your pharmacist. If you have any concerns regarding Augmentin XR (amoxicillin and clavulanate extended-release tablets) Talk to your physician, nurse, pharmacist, or another health care professional.
- If you suspect there’s been an overdose call your poison control center or seek medical attention immediately. Make sure you can be able to show the substance taken the amount, the amount, and the time it occurred.
Always consult your doctor to confirm that the information provided on this page is applicable to your specific situation.