Abiraterone side effects
Generic name: abiraterone acetate
Name of the brand: Zytigasa
Dosage formats: oral tablet (125 mg 250 mg 500 mg)
The class of drug: Miscellaneous antineoplastics
Abiraterone side effects are on wanted reactions that accompany the intake of drugs. Abiraterone is a drug that works by reducing androgen production within the body. androgens, which are masculine hormones that may cause the growth of prostate cancer. gland.
Abiraterone can be used in conjunction with steroids (prednisone or methylprednisolone) to treat prostate cancer which can spread to various regions in the body. Abiraterone is prescribed to patients with prostate cancer that can’t be treated through surgery or other medications.
It isn’t clear whether Abiraterone tablets can be considered secure or efficient in women or children.¶
Abiraterone tablets are not suitable for women who are expecting or are likely to be expecting. This medicine can affect a baby who is not born as well as cause miscarriage.
Abiraterone is not a good choice in case you have an allergy to it.
Points to be considered while taking this medication;
- Mineralocorticoid excess: Carefully check on patients with cardiovascular disease. Monitor hypertension and correct hypokalemia prior to treatment. Check the blood pressure and potassium levels in serum as well as signs of fluid retention every month at a minimum. Adrenocortical impairment: Check for signs and symptoms of adrenocortical dysfunction. The increased dosage of corticosteroids might be recommended prior to or after stressful situations.
- Hepatotoxicity: It can be fatal and serious. Be aware of liver function and alter the timing, interruption, or stop of the dosage of Abiraterone as directed.
- Increased fractures and mortality in combination with radium Ra 223 dichloride: Use of Abiraterone plus prednisone/prednisolone in combination with radium Ra 223 dichloride is not recommended.
- Embryo-Fetal Toxicity: Abiraterone can cause fetal harm. Remind males who have female partners of potential reproductive capacity to utilize the most effective contraception.
- Hypoglycemia is a serious condition that has been observed in people with diabetes pre-existing who are taking medication containing Thiazolidinediones (including pioglitazone) or Repaglinide. Check blood glucose levels in diabetic patients and determine whether dosage adjustments to the antidiabetic drug are needed.
Abiraterone side effects that occur require immediate medical care
Alongside its necessary effects, abiraterone could produce unwanted side negative effects. While not all of these adverse effects can be observed, however, if they do happen they could require medical attention.
Talk to your doctor immediately in the event that any of these abiraterone side effects:
- chest discomfort or pain
- diminished urine
- uncomfortable to urinate, painful, or burning urinary tract
- dry mouth
- Bladder pain
- Bloating or swelling on the face, arms the hands, and lower legs or feet
- Bloody or cloudy urine
- blurred vision
- Bone pain or fracture
- Lower back or side or side
- mood shifts
- Muscle pain or cramps
- rapid, pounding, and unsteady heartbeat
- sensation of warmth
- the constant urge to urinate
- an increase in thirst
- an increased desire to urinate at night the night
- Lightheadedness dizziness, fainting, or lightheadedness.
- Appetit loss
- the sensation of numbness or tingling sensations in the feet, hands, or the lips
- swelling or pain in the legs or arms regardless of injury
- having more frequent urination
- The eardrums are pounding
- rapid weight gain
- Redness in the face the neck, face, and, occasionally, the upper chest.
- Slow heartbeat
- sudden sweating
- swelling that causes depressions or pits on the skin
- Trouble breathing
- unusual fatigue or weakness
- unusual weight increase or loss of weight
- Urinating in the night, I wake up
- Back, arm or jaw discomfort in the jaw, back, or arm
- chest tightness, or heaviness
- Stools made of clay
- cool, sweaty skin
- Dark urine that is dark
- reduced output of urine
- trouble breathing
- dilated neck veins
- excessive fatigue or weakness or
- the skin is itchy or has a rash
- Light-colored stools
- Tenderness or pain in the stomach
- weak spots
- weight gain
- Yellow eyes or skin
- The skin’s complexion darkens
- Mental depression
- cold sweats
- cool, pale skin
- difficulties in swallowing
- a general feeling of discomfort or sickness
- an increase in food cravings
- irregular heartbeat Recurrent
- muscles, spasms stiffness, tenderness weakness, or wasting
- The swelling or puffiness of the eyelids and around the eyes the lips, face, or the tongue
- Speech slurred
- stomach pain, continuing
- The thickening of the secretions of the bronchial bronchi
- Bad breath smell
- unusual weakness or fatigue
- Vomiting of blood
Abiraterone side effects that require no immediate medical treatment
Abiraterone has some side effects that can occur, but they usually don’t require medical treatment. These effects can be eliminated when you are treated while your body is adjusting to the medication. Additionally, your health care expert may give you suggestions to reduce or eliminate the effects of these negative side consequences.
Talk to your doctor If any of the following adverse effects persist or become bothersome or If you have questions regarding these side effects:
- Body aches or pains
- difficulties in difficulty with
- joint pain
- Voice loss
- nasal stuffiness or runny nose
- the sore throat
- stomach discomfort or upset
- stiffness or swelling of joints
For more information
Always consult your physician to make sure the information presented on this page is applicable to your particular situation.